Shaolin Chan City || Traditional Shaolin Culture

Shaolin Warrior Ethics 少林武德

« Older   Newer »
SCC.
view post Posted on 21/4/2010, 05:45

Legend has long attributed the creation of Shaolin Wugong (Warrior Skills) to the founding patriarch of the Chan meditation tradition in China- the Indian monk Bodhidharma. While this is well known to be mere legend, he may have in fact had a greater influence on the development of Shaolin Wugong than one at first glance might think. Perhaps the influence he provided came not through technical but ethical guidance.

Read full article....

ma wei
view post Posted on 27/4/2010, 10:42

Shifu -

Really great article. Easy to understand and challenging at the same time. Thank you.

-Ryan

dwelsh4
view post Posted on 12/7/2010, 18:00

I am new to this so please forgive anything that is not custommary. I really enjoyed the article. I think the emphesis on restraint of one's speach is a great virtue and an art that is long lost. With all the distraction of today's enviroment I truely enjoy the ideas in this article to help simplify and focus.

SCC.
view post Posted on 12/7/2010, 20:59

Simplicity is the art.

It's just that our attachment to thinking creates complexity and difficulty. We must continually come back to the point before thinking arises.

Thank you both for reading.

:amituofo:

SCC

yuehan_liu
view post Posted on 13/9/2014, 12:09

Sifu,
It is very insightful article, many thanks and I am so enjoying reading this article several times.

Regards,
Yuehan

4 replies since 21/4/2010, 05:45   433 views